亚洲免费无码中文在线&free欧美高清猪马牛&青青草手机在线免费看The Managing Attorney position will (1) provide oversight of their assigned team (staff attorney, legal assistant, and volunteers); (2) provide affirmative immigration relief services; (3) provide representation of clients in deportation proceedings; and (4) work closely with other UFW Foundation programs to drive an organizing culture which influences systemic change. There are three (3) Managing Attorney positions: 1 to Northern Central Valley, 1 to Southern Central Valley, and 1 to the Southern Central Coast. These are full-time exempt positions. The Managing Attorney will be a member of the purpose of the Community Colleges Immigration Services Project whose goal it is to provide students, staff, and faculty free immigration legal services, including education and outreach services, on campus as well as through the UFW Foundation’s Teleconsulta services, (Telemedicine model for immigration consultations).
The UFW Foundation seeks an individual with law practice experience and/or experience working with immigrant communities that can help the organization, in collaboration with the UFW Foundation’s various programs and departments, as well as its partners, to develop a service delivery model that will maximize the limited resources in rural communities and leverage relationships from urban centers.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: (This is not an exhaustive list)
- Provide services to community college students, staff, faculty and their families with affirmative immigration benefits and applications, as well as removal defense cases
- Assess immigration relief needs of community college students, staff, faculty and determine eligibility for available immigration benefits, including but not limited to: naturalization, DACA renewal, employment authorization, family-based petitions, adjustment of status, and renewal of permanent resident card, asylum, and removal defense issues
- Attend all “triage” meetings as scheduled to screen for potential clients
- Collaborate with other department leadership and staff members to ensure broadest impact
- Conduct Know Your Rights presentations and naturalization/DACA renewal group processing events
- Development of community education materials regarding removal defense immigration benefit resources and Know Your Rights
- Explain initial and/or appeal processes and timelines
- Give clients a clear analysis on their cases, relief options and next steps
- Identify trends in Department of Homeland Services practices and community needs that will help inform advocacy efforts
- Prepare and submit applications, legal briefs, and supporting documentation for immigration relief, including but not limited to: naturalization, DACA renewal, employment authorization, family-based petitions, adjustment of status, and renewal of permanent resident card, asylum, and removal defense issues
- Prepare and submit reports to program funders as assigned
- Provide trainings and technical assistance to UFW Foundation staff, volunteers and partner organizations
- Regular travel to necessary court hearings and training community college campuses where assigned and to UFW Foundation service center(s)
- Responsible for administering the program in their designated region, which includes the following: implement office policies and procedures, manage grant results as it relates to their designated region, ensure staff attorney and DOJ Accredited Representatives competently handle cases and maintain well-documented files, supervise staff attorneys, support staff, and volunteers, manage independent caseload, engage in community education events as needed on immigration issues, and develop community partnerships.
- Review criminal dispositions and analyze immigration consequences
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Community Colleges Project in your respective region
- Support UFW Foundation member services department application workshops and other events, when possible
- Work closely with Staff and Directing Attorneys to maximize case output
- Work diligently to file cases
- Support UFW Foundation’s fundraising goals
- Other tasks as needed.
亚洲免费无码中文在线&free欧美高清猪马牛&青青草手机在线免费看Posted: December 6, 2019